Monday, October 6, 2014

First Experience

     After we got home with our premium starter kit I eagerly opened everything and read through all the materials. I could not wait to try them out and see if they really work for us! We decided to start with two night time issues.... my husband snoring and sleeplessness.

Issue #1 ...


     My husband almost never snored the first 10 years of our marriage. For some reason he now snores on a nightly basis. We were told to put a drop of valor on his big toes at night and that would help with the snoring. I was VERY skeptical. How is this oil on his TOES going to stop his snoring?? Not really knowing what I was doing, I applied a drop of valor to the tops of my husband's big toes that first night. The results... he still snored, BUT is was a much softer snore and I was able to fall asleep easily. I figured I must be doing something wrong so the next day I did a little research. I found out that I should be putting the oil at the base of his big toe where it meets the foot. Night two I applied the oil in this way. The results... NO snoring!!! I couldn't believe it. The next morning when I told my husband he didn't snore he said "it must have been a fluke". I can tell you, we have been using valor every night since (almost a month now) and he doesn't snore at night. It does take about 20-30 minutes before it starts working and if he falls asleep before that he does snore a little but as soon as that oil "kicks in" no more snoring the rest of the night. This alone made a believer out of me!


Issue #2 ...


     My husband has been dealing with a lot of insomnia. He has tried lots of herbal sleep aids and some help but was getting tired of having to take something every night. LAVENDER to the rescue! That first night we diffused 9 drops of Lavender and I rubbed 3 drops of Lavender on his spine. He slept like a baby! In fact, he didn't get out of bed the next morning until 10:30. His body really needed the sleep. I slept like a rock too. It was the best sleep either of us has had in a long time! The next night we diffused again and I place 2 drops on his spine instead of 3. Again, we both slept wonderfully. We have tried diffusing other oils but keep coming back to the Lavender. Some nights when I am having trouble falling asleep I will put a drop on my wrist or hand and rub together then rub on my pillow. Every time I do this I fall asleep within a few minutes. This works especially good when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. So far, the Lavender works every time!


  This blog is solely about my personal experiences with Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor and this blog is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I hope you come back often and find out why I am loving my essential oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment